I Survived the Hindenburg Disaster, 1937 (Prebound)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 13 in the I Survived series.
- #2: I Survived the Shark Attacks of 1916 (Prebound): $16.80
- #3: I Survived Hurricane Katrina, 2005 (Prebound): $16.80
- #4: I Survived the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 1941 (Prebound): $16.80
- #5: I Survived the San Francisco Earthquake, 1906 (MP3 CD): Email or call for price
- #6: I Survived the Attacks of September 11th, 2001 (Hardcover): $16.99
- #7: I Survived the Battle of Gettysburg, 1863 (Prebound): $16.80
- #8: I Survived the Japanese Tsunami, 2011 (Prebound): $16.80
- #9: I Survived the Nazi Invasion, 1944 (Prebound): $16.80
- #10: I Survived the Destruction of Pompeii, 79 A.D. (Prebound): $16.80
- #11: I Survived the Great Chicago Fire, 1871 (Prebound): $15.80
- #12: I Survived the Joplin Tornado, 2011 (Prebound): $16.80
- #14: I Survived the Eruption of Mount St. Helens, 1980 (Prebound): $16.80
- #15: I Survived the American Revolution, 1776 (Prebound): $15.80
- #16: I Survived the Children's Blizzard 1888 (Prebound): Email or call for price
- #17: I Survived the Attack of the Grizzlies, 1967 (Prebound): $15.80
- #18: I Survived the Battle of D-Day, 1944 (Prebound): $15.80
- #19: I Survived the Great Molasses Flood, 1919 (Pre-Recorded Audio Player): Email or call for price
"New York Times "bestselling author Lauren Tarshis provides a birds-eye view of one of America's most ghastly accidents ever be captured on film, the Hindenburg Disaster of 1937.
The greatest flying machine ever built is about to crash...
For eleven-year-old Hugo Ballard, flying on the "Hindenburg" is a dream come true. Hugo, his parents, and his four-year-old sister, Gertie, are making the thrilling four-thousand-mile journey across the Atlantic in a zeppelin as big as the "Titanic."
But as the zeppelin gets ready to land, a blast rocks the "Hindenburg "and fire consumes the ship. The entire disaster lasts a mere thirty-two seconds, but in those few seconds, Hugo finds himself separated from his family and in a desperate race to escape the flames. The "Hindenburg" is doomed. And so, it seems, is Hugo. Will he survive this historic disaster?
About the Author
Lauren Tarshis's "New York Times" bestselling I Survived series tells stories of young people and their resilience and strength in the midst of unimaginable disasters. Lauren has brought her signature warmth and exhaustive research to topics such as the September 11 attacks, the destruction of Pompeii, Hurricane Katrina, and the bombing of Pearl Harbor, among others. She lives in Westport, Connecticut, and can be found online at www.laurentarshis.com.