I Survived the Battle of Gettysburg, 1863 (Prebound)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the I Survived series.
- #1: I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, 1912 (MP3 CD): Email or call for price
- #3: I Survived the Nazi Invasion, 1944 (I Survived Graphic Novel #3): A Graphix Book (I Survived Graphic Novels #3) (Paperback): $10.99
- #4: I Survived the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 1941 (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #5: I Survived the San Francisco Earthquake, 1906 (MP3 CD): Email or call for price
- #8: I Survived the Japanese Tsunami, 2011 (Prebound): $16.80
- #9: I Survived the Nazi Invasion, 1944: Book 9 of the I Survived Series (MP3 CD): Email or call for price
- #10: I Survived the Destruction of Pompeii, A.D. 79: Book 10 of the I Survived Series (MP3 CD): Email or call for price
- #11: I Survived the Great Chicago Fire, 1871: Book 11 of the I Survived Series (MP3 CD): Email or call for price
- #12: I Survived the Joplin Tornado, 2011 (I Survived #12) (Library Binding): $16.99
- #13: I Survived the Hindenburg Disaster, 1937 (I Survived #13) (Library Binding): $16.99
- #14: I Survived the Eruption of Mount St. Helens, 1980: Book 14 of the I Survived Series (MP3 CD): Email or call for price
- #16: I Survived the Children's Blizzard, 1888 (Large Print / Paperback): $12.99
- #18: I Survived the Battle of D-Day, 1944 (I Survived #18) (Library Binding): $25.99
- #19: I Survived The Great Molasses Flood, 1919 (I Survived #19) (Library Binding): $25.99
The bloodiest battle in American history is under way . . .
It's 1863, and Thomas and his little sister, Birdie, have fled the farm where they were born and raised as slaves. Following the North Star, looking for freedom, they soon cross paths with a Union soldier. Everything changes: Corporal Henry Green brings Thomas and Birdie back to his regiment, and suddenly it feels like they've found a new home. Best of all, they don't have to find their way north alone-they're marching with the army.
But then orders come through: The men are called to battle in Pennsylvania. Thomas has made it so far . . . but does he have what it takes to survive Gettysburg?
About the Author
Lauren Tarshis is the editor of Scholastic's Storyworks magazine and group editorial director for language arts for Scholastic classroom magazines, in addition to being the author of the I Survived series and the critically acclaimed novels Emma-Jean Lazarus Fell Out of a Tree and Emma-Jean Lazarus Fell in Love. She lives in Westport, Connecticut, and can be found online at www.laurentarshis.com.